Thursday 31 January 2013

New Natural Resources critic for the Liberal Party

Ted Hsu (the MP with science background) becomes the Natural Resources critic for the Liberal Party: http://blog.tedhsu.ca/2013/01/30/statement-on-becoming-the-natural-resources-critic-for-the-liberal-party/ "I am honoured to be asked by interim Liberal leader Bob Rae to take on the role of Natural Resources critic for the Liberal Party until the new leader is chosen in April. Pipelines, oil and gas, and climate change will be some of the areas where I’ll help keep tabs on Mr. Harper’s government.
While I will be passing on the Science and Technology file, I intend to remain in contact with scientists and engineers as their connection to and advocate in Parliament. I will bring my science background to my work on the Natural Resources file. The Minister has said publicly that our regulatory system must be based on science and the facts and I intend to hold him to that."

No comments:

Post a Comment